Friday, June 19, 2009

My South Beach Diet journey and Indian food

About 15 years back I used to think that I am blessed for life with a slim body and I dont have to worry about picking the right cut or right fit and that most dresses fit me well. And so it was for a few more years. Much to the admonishment of my friends, I used to down bowls of ice-cream(didn't have much of a sweet tooth then - so not many sweets) and would worry about how to put on a little more weight. I come from the Southern part of India where beauty gravitates towards a chubbier you. And then came the crisis. I put on a lot of weight as a result of some tablets I had to take for a few weeks. Unfortunately what came, stayed. But I was still below my 30s and so without much effort, a bit of exercise, I lost most of it.

And then the 30s hit. Its been uphill even though in terms of the quality of life is said to be downhill. Recently a friend suggested South Beach Diet and I reluctantly started on it. I'm a firm believer in Providence! Some may call it co-incidence and others may call it pure luck. But, it so happened that I came across a blog I often visit for recipes and read about this blogger's experience with South Beach Diet and that clinched it for me. Today I am completing 2 weeks of South Beach Diet(Phase 1) and I can't wait to spread the good word!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is appreciated!