Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Eating healthy...

Believe me! I wasn't one who read the labels on cartons to see fat content or carb content until recently. I was perfectly happy eating a big bowl of sweetened cereal with whole milk and not feel an ounce guilty about it. I gradually put on weight which took me into the overweight category in BMI. That sent out the alarm because I never thought I'd be in that category. So now came the effort to bring down the weight and once I started reading articles about diets, glycemic index, carbs etc, I realized what a blunder I have been doing all these years. Well, its better to be late than never isnt it?

These days I do look out for low sugar/no sugar, low carb/no carb alternatives and also look for sugar, fat and cholestrol content in labels. I don't want to be too obsessive about it because I prefer to indulge once in a while, but it helps to watch what you eat.

1 comment:

  1. Jeyashree..I am still dont understand these numbers on the cartoons..probably we can hash through them one day...

    ReplyDelete

Your comment is appreciated!