Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Nagercoil, Thailand, Korea - Sounds weird?

Don't be puzzled as to how Nagercoil, Thailand and Korea can co-exist in a header together. Well, that's just a glimpse of my culinary interests that I hope to share with you and have a discussion.

I love to eat. Sorry. Take it back. I live to eat. It would be true if I said that I spend more than 50% of my internet time on recipes. Earlier it used to be recipe websites. But Blogs have opened it up much more that these days I go mostly to blogs (I plan to add links to my most frequently visited blogs soon) to plan my everyday dinner. Or just to drool. I love cooking pretty much any type of cuisine ..or atleast I try...I frequent the cookbook section in the library as well. There's nothing like a page-by-page treat of the world cuisines at your fingertips..

Over the years I've had my phases with different cuisines...Though I can safely say that topping the list would be Thai and Korean. I don't think I have refused to eat either of these citing mood. I am ALWAYS in the mood. Soon to come some of my favorite Korean and Thai recipes.

I come from Nagercoil which is in TamilNadu India. Bordering Kerala and TamilNadu, we enjoy a unique cuisine (and a unique accent as well!). There are influences of both Kerala and TamilNadu cuisine in ours. Being a coastal town I grew up eating a lot of fish and the love affair still continues. I intend to share some recipes specific to Nagercoil as well.

Stay tuned..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is appreciated!